Non-Maryland (Foreign) Business Entities
When a non-Maryland corporation, LLC, LLP, LP, etc. makes a initial filing with SDAT that creates or reactivates an account, that filing must be accompanied by written proof of existence from the home state, generally the equivalent of a Certificate of Status.
Forms for non-Maryland businesses
Make your check payable to the State Department of Assessments and Taxation and mail to:
State Department of Assessments and Taxation
301 West Preston Street, Room 801
Baltimore, MD 21201
Click here to view a schedule of fees for filings and other Charter services.
- Toll free in Maryland, outside the Baltimore area: 888-246-5941
- Maryland Relay: 800-735-2258
- Certificates - Existence, Good Standing/Status: 410-767-1344
- Charter Legal Review: 410-767-1350
- Copies of Documents: 410-767-1350
- Corporate Charter Division: 410-767-1340
- Forfeitures: 410-767-1350
- *Name Availability: 410-767-1330
- New Businesses:410-767-1350
- Newly Filed Documents410-767-1340
- **Resident Agent: 410-767-1330
- Service of Process: 410-767-8195
- Trade Names: 410-767-1801
- UCC Filings: 410-767-1459
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Name availability is not guaranteed over the telephone
**For existing entities
Most documents filed after 2001 are available online in the Business Data Search system. Click here to access Business Data Search
For mailed copies of corporate documents, there is a fee of $1 per page. For expedited service, add $20 and indicate "expedited service requested" on the envelope and on the letter requesting the copies. For certified copies, add $20 for the first copy and $1 for each additional copy of the same document. Make your check payable to the State Department of Assessments and Taxation .Mailing address:State Department of Assessments and TaxationCorporate Charter Unit301 West Preston Street, Room 801Baltimore, MD 21201
You may also have a representative use the walk-in expedited service at our office listed above. Your request will be processed the same day; this service is available from 8:30 - 4:30 Monday through Friday.
We cannot provide information about the status of filings unless they are unusually late. The turn around period to receive your confirmation can take 8 weeks or more. If you have not heard from us by then, and you cannot find information about your filing through our online database, please contact us again by e-mail at email@example.com.
To check the status of your filing online, click here to access Business Data Search
Information we require to check recent submissions includes:
(1) was this expedited or regular service
(2) what form was filed (Articles of Incorporation, Articles of Organization, etc.)
(3) what is the exact name of the entity (ABC, Inc)
(4) the date you mailed it or faxed it and
(5) was a check included and if so, what was the amount of the check?
NOTE: These will not be addressed until after 5 business days for expedited work or 45 days for non-expedited work.