Charter Business Services - SDAT
News and Announcements
Attention Business Services Customers: Please note that SDAT is not currently taking walk-in appointments. We look forward to seeing you when our re-vamped customer service counter opens in Spring 2023.
Business Customer Service Contact Center:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Questions: 410-767-1330
- Business Personal Property Return Questions: 410-767-1170
- File online: https://businessexpress.maryland.gov/
- Dropbox Expedited Services: (see below)
- Future Customer Service Counter: In person, appointment based services will return after SDAT completes its move in the Spring of 2023. Continue to check back for updates - we look forward to meeting with you then!
Annual Report filing requirements: Please be advised that effective January 1, 2021, all legal entities (including foreign entities and domestic non-stock corporations) will be required to file all past-due Annual Reports to revive, reinstate, re-register, or re-qualify with the Department. This is following legal advice obtained from SDAT's Assistant Attorney General's Office.
Maryland Business Express
- The Maryland Business Express site makes it easier for business owners and entrepreneurs to plan, start, manage, and grow their business! This website combines information previously spread across many state agencies into one, easy-to-navigate site, while also providing a clear outline of the steps involved in starting a business.
Dropbox for Charter Filings Expedited / Same-day Service $425
SDAT has placed a dropbox in the lobby of 301 West Preston Street for customers seeking $425 expedited service. No more than five Charter Filings may be submitted per customer/firm/courier per day between 7:45am and 10:00am. The dropbox is open Monday through Friday. Documents and payment must be placed in a sealed envelope that clearly identifies a point of contact's name, email, and phone number, and all filings must include payment for the $425 expedited fee in addition to the base filing fee. SDAT staff will contact customers the same day of drop off if any submitted document requires correction. Acknowledgement letters, certified copies and good standing certificates for approved filings will be placed on the dropbox by 4:30 PM for customer pickup the same day the approved filing is dropped off. Please note that service of process cannot be accepted using this dropbox.
If these procedures are not followed or the filing is rejected, same-day service is not guaranteed.
While SDAT strongly encourages filers to submit the Annual Report online through Maryland Business Express, Annual Reports and Business Personal Property Returns may be hand delivered to the drop boxes located in the lobby of 301 West Preston Street between 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Monday
through Friday. Please ensure that all hand delivered Annual Reports are placed in an envelope with applicable filing fees. Annual Reports are considered filed on the day delivered to the dropbox and do not require additional expediting fees.
Acknowledgement letters, certified copies and good standing certificates for approved filings will be placed on the dropbox by 4:30 PM for customer pickup the same day the approved filing is dropped off.
Helpful Resources For New & Existing Businesses
Resources Outside of SDAT